Monday, April 18, 2016

Review: The Island of Dr. Libris by Chris Grabenstein

 
The Island of Dr. Libris
 
 
from the author's site:
 
Billy Gillfoyle's spending the summer in a lakeside cabin that belongs to the mysterious Dr. Libris. But something strange is going on. Besides the security cameras everywhere, there's Dr. Libris's private bookcase. Whenever Billy opens the books inside, he can hear sounds coming from the island in the middle of the lake. The clash of swords. The twang of arrows. Sometimes he can even feel the ground shaking. It's almost as if the stories he's reading are coming to life! But that's impossible . . . isn't it?
 
 
my thoughts:
 
 I flew through this one in about two sittings. The story is so much fun and flows so quickly. The Island of Dr. Libris is great for kids who love books, because what's more fun than imagining your favorite tales coming to life? I think this book also works well for kids who maybe struggle a bit with reading, because even though it looks thicker, the story really does move quickly. If you enjoyed Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library or books from Roald Dahl, I recommend checking this one out.

how I acquired this book:
I purchased my own copy.



No comments:

Post a Comment