Thursday, June 25, 2015

Throwback Thursday: The Secret Garden


The Secret Garden 
by Frances Hodgson Burnett



The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of my favorite books growing up. I was also a huge fan of the movie (the 1987 version starring Gennie James as Mary Lennox). I recently re-read The Secret Garden for the first time in many years, and I was so happy to discover that the story was just as enchanting as I had remembered. The vocabulary does feel a bit dated, so I wonder if children today would find the story easily accessible or not. Despite my questions, I would still consider this a classic to be recommended. I'm sure when I have children, I'll begin reading them this story long before they can read it themselves. It is one of those books that has remained with me all my life and I look forward to reading it again and again for years to come. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment